Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Chicken Challenge: March

March
1.  Ask God to help you find a new “verse of the month” and a new “word of the month.”  Post it where you can see it.  And ask Him to help you apply it.  (And/or ask Him if there is any task/challenge He wants to give you this month.)

2.  Pick two or three new people to pray for this month.  Write their names down, pray for them daily, and ask God if there is anything specific you should pray for them. 

3.  What are five things about spring you are thankful for?

4.  Pick another item from your “nice things to do for others” list and find time to do it this month.

5.  Ask God:  “What do You most want from me right now?  What do You most want for me right now?”

6.  What five advancements/improvements of society/culture are you thankful for?

7.  Spend at least 30 minutes away from all technology at least three times this week and do something peaceful and relaxing instead.  Protect your “alone time” and your time with your family.

8.  Ask God:  “At this time, are there any wrongs that I need to make right?  How can I do that?” 

9.  What are five things about nature you are thankful for?

10.  Pick a verse you’ve always wanted to memorize.  Now memorize it.

11.  Ask God:  “How do You define humility?  Am I humble?  In what areas do I need to be more humble?  (Or how can I live a more humbled life?)” 

12.  What are five treats or indulgences you are thankful for?

13.  List three grudges/things you are bitter about that you need to confess to the Lord, to forgive, and to let go of.  Do it in prayer.

14.  Ask God:  “Do I really believe that You can be trusted, that You are good, and that You love me?  Is there anything that the Bible says about You that I can’t seem to grasp or understand?  What do You want to tell me about these things?” 

15.  What are five red things you are thankful for?

16.  Choose from your “nice things to do for yourself” list.  And do it soon.

17.  Ask God:  “Lord, can You give me an image or word picture for how You see me or for my life?  What does it mean?” 

18.  What are five hot/warm things you are thankful for?

19.  What are three general positive changes you need to make in your life?  Ask for God’s help. 

20.  Ask God:  “When, in my past, did I ever shut the door of my heart to love?  Do You have any words of healing for that wound?” 

21.  What are five things that people have done for you in the past that you are thankful for (pleasant surprises or great blessings)?

22.  Are there any health/food/eating changes you want to make?  Try it for a month and see how you feel. 
           (Here are some simple ones:  Replace table salt with sea salt.  Replace one meat dish with beans or vegetable-based dishes.  Use a quarter less sugar whenever you make sweets.  If the recipe calls for 1 cup sugar, use ¾ cup sugar.  You won’t really be able to taste the difference and it will amount to a lot less sugar every month.  And you’ll learn to like things a little less sweet.  Or maybe start buying some organic food if you normally buy conventional.  Or use soy-and-essential-oil candles, instead of the normal, chemically-laden candles.) 

23.  Ask God:  “In what ways and for what reasons is it difficult for me to accept love?  To give love?  What do You want to say about it?”

24.  What five freedoms are you thankful for?

25.  Pick another room or closet in your house and clean it out, finding at least 10 things to get rid of.

26.  Ask God:  “What one little change can I make to enjoy my life more for the gift that it is?  What one big change?”

27.  What are five nice-smelling things you are thankful for?

28.  Pick a new recipe to try sometime soon. 

29.  Psalm 37:7 says, “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. . .” 
            Ask God:  “What gets in the way of me being able to ‘be still’ before You and to wait on You?  In what area or way do You want me to be more still?”

30.  What five songs are you thankful for?  (Try to listen to them, just for fun.)

31.  What three people do you need to treat better or give more attention to?